Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday Sounds Bonus: Lost Highway Records: Lyle Lovett

Lyle Lovett, one of my favorites, has a new album. I'm listening to "Natural Forces" online right now, and I will be purchasing a copy before sundown today.

If you're familiar with Lyle Lovett, give Natural Forces a listen. He's hard to peg into a genre. He's got a more "country" sound than a lot of current Top 40 country, but nothing like "traditional" country music. You'll hear hint of little Texas swing, gospel, blues, even jazz, and a lot of intelligent lyrics that paint stunning word pictures, and a wicked sense of humor.

The whole album is online and it's all good. My personal favorites on this one are "Loretta", "Whooping Crane", "Natural Forces", and "It's Rock and Roll". Treat yourself to some time to just listen.

Lost Highway Records: Lyle Lovett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sing with me...