Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday Sounds

Music plays a big role in my life. I've always felt that no one really knows me until they know the music that moves me.

So...with a tip of my pointed hat to Sitara Haye for the idea and without further ado...welcome to Sunday Sounds. Each Sunday I'll post a piece of music. There's no theme, no buried motive...just the music I love. Selections will be heavy on the singer/songwriter side of things; I love good lyrics, and there are some amazing lyricists I can't wait to share with you.

I hope you enjoy Sunday Sounds. If you like something you hear and want to support the artists with your own copy, please visit Heartsong Reommends... and purchase from Amazon.

 Now...tell me...what music moves you?

First up: Chris Smither, "Origin of Species" from the album, "Leave the Light On."

2 comments:

  1. This is one of those lovely songs I can't wait to hear the next line in. Like a good book I don't want to put down when I know good and well I should already be asleep, I just could not wait to hear what he said next! i can't wait to hear more of these sunday sounds!
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solo Pronto...it's so good to hear your lovely voice in the choir! Yeah, Mr. Smither is just about fantabulous...and this song is perfect. I'm looking forward to posting and sharing more music!

    Thanks for stopping by, kiddo...come back often!

    ReplyDelete

Sing with me...