Monday, June 23, 2008

Goodbye, George Carlin...

...you will be missed.

George Carlin crossed the veil on Sunday, June 22...and there's a big, George-shaped hole in the universe.

I remember playing several of his albums (yes, they were albums - shiny vinyl with paper covers) when I was in my early 20's and loving them. He made me laugh - hysterically at times - and made me think. I can still recite the seven words by heart, and I never get on a plane without thinking, "We can snatch that pussy, put it in a box, and take it on the airplane!"

The genius of Carlin was his ability to recognize the absurdity in our world and mirror it back to us so we could see it, too, in a humbling, thought-provoking, and infinitely entertaining way.

Rest well, George...well done...and we'll look for you in your next go 'round.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sing with me...