Saturday, December 13, 2008

I Fought the Law and the Law Won

My recent brush with the law (more of a collision, really) has reinforced once again that crime doesn't pay. Apparently, neither does confident, joyous exhuberence...the kind you feel when you're out with two of your best friends and enjoying the conversation so much that you turn and walk backward on the sidewalk to keep talking and fail to see the big chunk missing which your foot finds nonetheless and you are no more able to stop yourself falling than you are able to stop this sentence from going on forever until...BOOM! BOUNCE! SLIDE! The law got me. Gravity is REAL!

So what's a right-handed writer with a broken right arm to do? So far, the only answer that has presented itself is to put my left hand to double-duty and do a lot of extra proofreading. I'm surprised at how quickly I can type with my oft-neglected left hand. Mr fear that my blog might languish unattended is rapidly disappearing.

Showering remains a concern, but I have my priorities. The blog is safe.

More to come. Time for pain meds.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:17 AM

    I'm glad that your left-handed typing is better than expected - many of us would miss your presence online otherwise.

    Hope the pain meds work well when needed, and your bone mends quickly and well! (Make sure you get lots of calcium.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Nice to think I might be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! that looks painful! I hope you are mending well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:54 AM

    I saw the title of the post, and just cracked up laughing!

    well it sounds like things are on the mend, so this will soon be a fun memory.

    glad you take things in stride and good humor. 'heart' warming :-)

    ReplyDelete

Sing with me...